SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- CMEF Booth #E2-C22 - Varian Medical Systems- X-Ray Products unit, a premier supplier of X-ray tubes and digital X-ray detectors, will showcase a broad array of X-ray tubes and the company's PaxScan® line of digital X-ray image detectors at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) in Shenyang City, China, October 12-15, 2010.
"In order to give the best possible service and support to the growing Chinese X-ray market, we have expanded our inventory and product support services in our Beijing facility," said Hsiao-Li Pan, manager of Varian's X-Ray Products distribution business in China. "We are now able to offer our customers the largest selection of X-ray tubes and digital image detectors in the region."
Varian's X-Ray Products booth will highlight several PaxScan flat panel detectors and X-ray tubes, including:
- The PaxScan 4343R, a 43cm x 43cm detector, which is Varian's largest panel suitable for large field of view image acquisition. It is designed for permanent mounting in radiographic tables or wall stands.
- The PaxScan 4336R, a 43cm x 36cm cassette size digital detector, which is the first NEMA size DR panel designed to replace standard film cassettes used in existing radiographic and multi-bucky applications. The panel is also available with a portable hand-held enclosure for use in mobile imaging systems.
- The PaxScan 1313, a 13cm x 13cm detector, with high-speed electronics capable of processing 30 frames per second, for use in dental computed tomography (CT), mini-C-arm applications and non-destructive testing.
- The PaxScan 3030+, a 30cm x 30cm multi-modality detector with fluoroscopic capabilities, for surgical, interventional, and cone beam CT medical imaging applications.
- Replacement X-ray tubes designed for CT, heavy duty radiography, and fluoroscopy. These tubes are available through Varian's Interay sales group which offers medical X-ray tubes "on-demand" for service and small OEM markets.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian X-Ray Products is a premier supplier of X-ray tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, dental, veterinary, scientific, and industrial applications. X-Ray Products is a business unit of Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California. Varian is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. The company also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial non-destructive inspection. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 5,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, China and Europe and in its 79 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com/.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Elaine Rebele, Varian Medical Systems
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems