SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- South Hall, Booth 4804 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit the company's new PaxScan® wireless digital detector, digital image processing systems and X-ray tubes at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago from Nov 25 – 29. In addition the company will display its technologies for treating cancer with targeted radiotherapy and radiosurgery.
X-Ray Products - New digital X-ray imaging products to be showcased are:
PaxScan® 4336W – Wireless Flat Panel Detector - The new PaxScan 4336W wireless detector features Varian's proprietary, advanced wireless technology with state-of-the art 6th generation architecture incorporating 16-bit data acquisition. The panel is optimized for dose efficiency and very low electronic noise. The new wireless platform is a dual band 2.4/5GHz panel with high speed data transfer rates up to 170Mbps and a 2 – 3.3 second preview time. It also has on-panel diagnostics and a built-in shock sensor. The panel is a lightweight 3.4kg with battery, and has a removable tether/service cable. "These new innovative technologies allow our customers to take full advantage of superior digital image quality with the capability of higher throughput, significant workflow efficiencies and the potential to enhance patient care and comfort for an improved experience," said Steve Kimmel, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Varian X-Ray Products.
PaxScan® 4343CB – Incorporating the advanced PaxScan technology, the 4343CB is designed to deliver the highest quality radiography combined with state-of-the-art dynamic imaging. The 4343CB is capable of generating 60 frames per second enabling dual energy imaging and tomosynthesis in radiography. "The 4343CB detector is an excellent choice for Universal RF and large volume Cone Beam CT (CBCT) applications," added Kimmel. The large field of view features multiple sensitivity ranges, extended dynamic range modes and a 139 micron pixel size for high resolution imaging.
PaxScan® 1515DX – The mid-size CBCT and panoramic imaging panel is intended for use in mini C-arm applications and is also well suited for dental and industrial applications.
PaxScan® 2530C – A 10" x 12" radiographic panel designed with special imaging modes for use in mid-size radiographic applications.
InfiMed Imaging Software Systems – Varian's digital image processing software and workstations with advanced imaging algorithms for single or multiple radiographic flat panel detectors, dynamic detectors and legacy image intensifier systems.
Cone Beam CT Software Tools (CST) – A suite of image reconstruction software tools for use by system designers. The software offers a set of plug-ins for preprocessing corrections, CBCT reconstruction and post reconstruction processing.
The software is designed to reduce scatter and lag and corrects for the effects of beam hardening. The suite enables OEM engineers to use standard CST plug-ins or add their own custom processing plug-ins.
PaxPower™ FP 1000 X-Ray Tube – The PaxPower tube platform was designed for space efficiency and high performance. The PaxPower 1000 series, featuring a lightweight compact design and twice the power of conventional dual ended tubes was built for portable surgical CT and interventional systems.
Oncology Treatment Solutions
Varian will also showcase oncology solutions at RSNA, including:
- Software: the latest releases of the ARIA® oncology information and Eclipse™ treatment planning systems, now accessible from a single clinical management system dashboard. "Varian has become the #1 global oncology software leader by developing world-class solutions that incorporate extensive personalization to the user, easy-to-follow task-driven workflows, and automation in support of a treatment center's protocols," says Chris Toth, vice president of marketing for Varian's Oncology Systems business.
- External beam radiotherapy systems: Varian's broad line of devices for precise, fast delivery of image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery, including the newly introduced EDGE™ Radiosurgery Suite*, a dedicated radiosurgery system with full integration of real-time target tracking and patient positioning.
- Brachytherapy technology: Varian's latest brachytherapy afterloaders and applicators, as well as software for planning and delivering brachytherapy treatments, including a new real-time planning tool for ultrasound-guided high-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment planning*.
- Proton Therapy: The ProBeam™ solution, which incorporates imaging, gating, robotic patient positioning, treatment planning and oncology information software.
- The Varian/Siemens Partnership: Stop by the Varian booth for information about the strategic global partnership between Varian and Siemens, who are working together to offer a full spectrum of products for imaging and treatment in radiation oncology.
*These statements refer to technologies that are pending FDA 510(k) clearance and not yet available for sale.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes, digital detectors, and image processing workstations for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Elaine Rebele, Varian Medical Systems
801-978-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems