SALT LAKE CITY, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Expo C/Booth #316 – At this year's annual meeting of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR), Varian Medical Systems (NYSE:VAR) will exhibit a comprehensive line of imaging components to include digital X-ray image detectors, X-ray tubes and imaging software for fluoroscopy, angiography, cardiology and cone-beam CT imaging.
"Varian is committed to providing X-ray imaging system manufacturers with the components they need for building high-performance imaging systems," said Steve Kimmel, vice president of sales and marketing for Varian's Imaging Components business. "We will be showcasing technologies that enable cost efficient, high quality imaging as well as excellent workflow and performance."
Varian will spotlight several advanced filmless imaging and X-ray tube components, including:
- PaxScan® Wireless Radiographic Detectors – Varian now offers two wireless detector models; PaxScan 4336W and PaxScan 2530W. The lightweight, cassette size, portable 43cm x 36cm detector can generate images very quickly. Even while the panel is inside a cassette tray, or below the X-ray table, the wireless transmission rates stay consistently high. The space efficient 25cm x 30cm portable radiographic panel is designed with special imaging modes for use in imaging extremities and is compatible for neonatal procedures as well as mid-size radiographic applications such as dental Cone Beam CT (CBCT) and Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) procedures. The 2530W panel has extended battery life and is interchangeable with the 4336W detector battery. "These wireless detectors allow our customers to provide superior image quality, increased throughput, and significant workflow efficiencies to enhance the patient care experience," said Kimmel.
- PaxScan® 4343CB – The 4343CB is an advanced radiography and fluoroscopy panel for universal RF and large volume CBCT applications that delivers high quality X-ray images as well as excellent low-dose fluoroscopic images, showing motion at up to 60 frames per second. The panel has one of the smallest pixel sizes available supporting high resolution image quality.
- PaxScan® 3024M – The 30cm x 24cm panel is a full-field digital mammography detector designed to support rapid image acquisition and tomosynthesis, a method of using X-rays to create a 3-dimensional image of the breast. The panel uses cost effective and environmentally stable amorphous silicon (aSi) technology. "This environmentally robust technology enables customers to extend the capabilities and efficiencies of digital mammography into emerging markets and mobile screening applications," says Kimmel.
- G-692 X-Ray Tube - The metal G-692 rotating anode X-ray tube was specifically developed for use with flat panel digital detectors used in fluoroscopic applications.
- MCS 8064 – The 8064 X-ray tube is an anode end grounded (AEG) replacement X-ray tube for the GE LightSpeed® VCT scanner offering lower life cycle costs. The MCS-8064 was designed with Varian's experience of manufacturing anode end grounded CT tubes over 20+ years. The MCS-8064 installs and calibrates on the LightSpeed® VCT like the original OEM tube.
- Nexus Imaging Software & Workstation – Nexus is an advanced image processing software and workstation with complete flexibility for processing data from mixed inputs: CCD cameras, legacy image intensifier systems and RF and DR flat panel image detectors. The Nexus digital imaging system offers RF & DR capabilities on a single console and features sophisticated image processing and integrated on-screen generator control. With a streamlined workflow and color touch screen controls, the system is optimized for faster patient throughput, flexibility, and increased usability.
"The Nexus product offering can be integrated into any X-ray room, extending the lifetime of existing equipment, reducing time to market for new system development, and providing a budget-friendly solution for today's market," Kimmel said.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial inspection. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,400 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and 72 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems