SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CMEF Booth #H31/F11 -- Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR), X-Ray Products, a premier supplier of X-ray tubes and flat panel digital X-ray image detectors will exhibit a wide selection of flat panel X-ray image detectors for digital radiography (DR) at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) meeting in Chengdu, China, October 28-31, 2009. Varian X-Ray will also display its full range of X-ray tubes for fluoroscopy, angiography, cardiology and CT imaging.
Varian's X-Ray Products booth will showcase several flat panel detectors and X-ray tubes, including:
- The PaxScan 4343R, a 43cm x 43cm detector, is Varian's largest panel suitable for large field of view image acquisition. It is designed for permanent mounting in radiographic tables or wall stands.
- The PaxScan 4336R, a 43cm x 36cm cassette size digital detector, is the first NEMA size DR panel designed to replace standard film cassettes used in existing radiographic and multi-bucky applications. The panel is also available with a portable hand-held enclosure for use in mobile imaging systems.
- The PaxScan 1313, a 13cm x 13cm detector, with high-speed electronics capable of processing 30 frames per second, for use in dental computed tomography (CT), research applications and non-destructive testing.
- The PaxScan 3030+, a 30cm x 30cm multi-modality detector with fluoroscopic capabilities, for surgical, interventional, and cone beam CT medical imaging applications.
- Replacement X-ray tubes designed for CT, heavy duty radiography and fluoroscopy which are available through Varian's Interay after-market sales group. The Interay group offers medical X-ray tubes "on-demand" for service and small OEM markets.
"In addition to offering the largest selection of X-ray tubes in the industry, our flat panel technology offers integration consistency throughout the product lines and a highly effective digital solution for our customers," said Steve Kimmel, Vice President X-Ray Products Marketing for Varian. "With the addition of the PaxScan 4336R, a product with a hand-held enclosure for mobile imaging systems, Varian is able to offer customers a full array of imaging solutions."
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian X-Ray Products is a premier supplier of X-ray tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, dental, veterinary, scientific, and industrial applications. X-Ray Products is a business unit of Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California. Varian is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. The company also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial non-destructive inspection. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 5,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, China and Europe and in its 79 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com/.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Elaine Fairless, Varian Medical Systems 801-978-5715 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Web site: http://www.varian.com/