SALT LAKE CITY, April 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CMEF Booth #H1/F38 - Varian Medical Systems, Inc. , a premier supplier of X-ray tubes and flat panel digital X-ray image detectors will exhibit its line of PaxScan flat panel X-ray image detectors for digital radiography (DR) at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) meeting in Shenzhen, China, April 18 - 21, 2009. Varian will also showcase its full range of X-ray tubes for fluoroscopy, angiography, cardiology and cone-beam CT imaging.
The Varian booth will showcase several flat panel detectors and X-ray tube products, including:
- The PaxScan 4336R, a 43cm x 36cm detector designed to replace standard film cassettes used in existing radiographic applications. It is intended for use in mobile and multi-bucky imaging systems.
- The PaxScan 4343R, a 43cm x 43cm detector, is Varian's largest panel. It is designed for permanent mounting in radiographic tables or wall stands. The large size of the 4343R makes it an excellent receptor for real-time, large field of view image acquisition.
- The PaxScan 3030+, a 30cm x 30cm flat panel detector, is a real-time, fluoroscopic, multi-modality, digital X-ray flat panel imager for cone beam medical imaging applications.
- The MCS-6074 rotating anode X-ray tube for CT scanning and the A-192 tube insert specifically designed for heavy duty radiographic and fluoroscopic spot-film procedures.
- A line-up of replacement X-ray tubes that are available through Varian's Interay, a wholly owned subsidiary that offers medical X-ray tubes "on demand" for the service and small OEM markets.
"Varian is pleased to be showcasing its flat panel detectors and X-ray tube products at the CMEF show this year," said Hsiao-Li Pan, manager of Varian's X-ray products distribution business in China. "We offer our customers the largest selection of X-ray tubes from stock in the industry. And we are adding an increased selection of flat panel digital image detectors as well. By establishing our new X-ray service center in Beijing we will be able to provide improved and expanded "after-sales" services for Varian X-ray tubes and flat panel customers."
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial inspection. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 5,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 60 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Elaine Fairless 801-978-5715 email@example.com
SOURCE: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Web site: http://www.varian.com/