PALO ALTO, Calif., July 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) today announced it will be showcasing its latest radiotherapy and radiosurgery technologies and software July 30 – August 3 in Denver at the 2017 American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) annual meeting and exhibition, booth #3025. The company will also be hosting its Users Meeting on Saturday, July 29 prior to the AAPM show.
What: Some of the Varian solutions highlighted in booth demonstrations include:
- Halcyon™ treatment system. Attendees will be able to view treatment plans for this new system, as well as its patented dual-layer multileaf collimator (MLC)
- HyperArc™ High-Definition Radiotherapy (HDRT), which unlocks the potential of using highly non-coplanar treatment strategies to usher in a new era of precision in radiotherapy and radiosurgery for cancer patients
- TrueBeam® treatment system, which features a suite of new and expanded image guidance capabilities that will offer the benefits of improved soft tissue imaging as well as streamlined workflows for breath-hold SBRT and extracranial radiosurgery treatments
- ARIA® 15.1 features security enhancements such as encrypted communications to help protect patient data from malicious attacks, and secure logins with existing clinical environment credentials to ensure up-to-date authentication
- Eclipse™ 15.5* featuring RapidPlan™ knowledge-based planning, multi-criteria optimization for exploring the tradeoffs between PTV coverage and OAR sparing, planning for HyperArc HDRT, and fast optimization and dose calculation
- ProBeam® proton therapy system, with its 360-degree treatment gantry, high speed pencil-beam scanning, and fully-integrated CBCT for adaptive therapy
* Eclipse 15.5 is FDA 510(k) pending and not available for sale
The Varian Users Meeting will provide attendees with new insights on the latest Varian technology. Users Meeting topics include:
- Motion management for lung SBRT
- HyperArc planning
- Halcyon treatment system
- Multi-criteria optimization (MCO) planning
- Improving clinic efficiency with RapidPlan
A complete user meeting agenda can be viewed at http://www.varian.com/de/news/usermeeting.
When: AAPM is July 30 – August 3, 2017. The exhibition is open from 12:30pm to 5:00pm on Sunday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Tuesday, and 9:00am to 2:00 pm on Wednesday
Where: Colorado Convention Center
Booth # 3025
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems focuses energy on saving lives and is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating and managing cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 6,400 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
Varian Medical Systems
+1 (650) 424-5630
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems