Global Medical Education Grant Program
The Varian Global Education Grant Program is proud to support the educational objectives of healthcare professionals and help them provide quality care to their patients. These include accredited and non-accredited programs to support medical science, disease awareness, education treatment programs, and CME courses. Varian evaluates requests for financial support from appropriate third-party providers of education to healthcare professionals, patients, caregivers and patient advocacy groups.
Requirements and Guidelines
For an application to be considered for funding or other support, the program/event must include the following:
- Be related to Varian’s mission and vision
- Be specifically geared towards educating health care professionals, patients and caregivers
- Organizations and non-Healthcare Professional (non-HCP) individuals are eligible to apply while Individual Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) are not directly eligible for Educational Grants.
- Varian may not receive any type of promotional benefit (such as a booth or advertising) or any item of monetary value in return for an Educational Grant Award.
- The recipient organization must disclose that Varian has provided an Educational Grant for the program or event.
- Provision of an Educational Grant cannot be used as a condition of sale or to influence sales of Varian products/services to recipient organizations or attendees of the educational event that is the subject of the grant.
- Educational Grants will not be provided where any part of the purpose is to improperly induce or bribe the recipient to take (or refrain from taking) action that would give an improper or unfair advantage to Varian, or where the purpose is to provide a kickback or item of service of value in order to improperly obtain or secure business.
- Varian reserves the right to decline an application if the program does not fit Varian’s mission and priorities.
Ineligible Activities for Educational Grant support
- Programs not approved by Varian prior to the date of the event
- Requests outside the areas of Varian’s business, educational and/or research interest
- Requests from individual Health Care Professionals (HCP), group practices, commercial organizations or MECCs
- Travel expenses or fees for specific conference/society participants
- Salary support for educational content
Clinical Fellowship Funding (under Medical Education)
We're committed to working with medical institutions, thought-leaders, and other health care professionals to inspire innovation, educate patients and improve patient outcomes. Therefore, Varian supports educational grants for fellowship programs sponsored by teaching institutions, community hospitals, or medical societies/associations that have a genuine interest in, and track record of, advancing education and research in areas of interest to Varian. Our fellowships are awarded to qualifying medical institutions or societies based on established criteria around the merits of the program, as well as available funding.
To receive consideration, requests should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of the program. Submission of a grant request guarantees neither approval nor support for the entire amount requested (or any portion thereof). Educational grant requests must be submitted using the link provided below. Our online portal will guide you through the application process.
If you are submitting in the portal for the first time, you will be asked to register in the system. This one-time step will save time when submitting future requests. Please have all required documents completed and available to submit as attachments before you begin the online application process.
- Submit an online application
The following documents must be provided to be considered for an Educational Grant
- Completed application (including the organization contact information, requested amount, program/event description, educational objectives, income from registration(s), support from other sources, any previous Varian support).
- A signed letter of request on organization/institutional letterhead describing the program
- Program/event itemized budget (including any projected revenue)
- Detailed agenda or brochure, if applicable
- CME/CE Certification, if applicable
- Application and budget must be submitted in English
Varian follows a defined and specific process to ensure that our procedures for making educational grants are consistent with appropriate guidelines and policies. Once an application is submitted, we will review each request for compliance with our grant criteria and policies in alignment with the Company’s mission and available budget. In addition, we are committed to full compliance with U.S Federal Sunshine Act (also known as Open Payments) and similar transparency laws. All reporting on educational grants is in accordance with these applicable laws and regulations.
All applicants will be notified by email on the status of an application. We partner with Silicon Valley Community Foundation to process any awards on our behalf.
For any questions relevant to the application process or our educational grants program, you may contact us at: Med.Ed.Grant@varian.com