The ProBeam® 360° Proton Therapy System is designed for next-generation proton therapy, offering uncompromised clinical capabilities with ultra-high dose rates, a 360-degree gantry, and exceptional precision, all within a 30% smaller footprint.
Uncompromised Proton Therapy is Now More Accessible
Proton therapy plays an increasingly important role in the fight against cancer, and the new ProBeam 360° System is designed not only for today’s most complex treatment techniques, but also to enable next-generation proton therapy.
The ProBeam 360° System offers uncompromised proton therapy with:
- 50% smaller volume
- 30% smaller footprint
- 25% lower vault construction cost
The ProBeam 360° system offers a comprehensive and customizable IMPT solution so you are able to tailor your single or multi-room center to meet your clinical, research, and capacity needs. The ProBeam® 360° proton therapy system consists of a cyclotron, a beam transport and energy selection system, and from one to five treatment or research rooms. Treatment room options include 360° rotating gantries, fixed beam rooms, or eye treatment rooms. Research rooms are available for non-clinical proton beam applications.
High and Ultra-High Dose Rates
The evolution of radiotherapy has pushed dose rates higher, and proton therapy is now leading this trend. The ProBeam 360° System features the most powerful particle accelerator available to treat cancer.
High dose rates are used today to reduce treatment time, manage motion, and can improve treatment plan quality and conformity. We expect next-generation proton therapy to employ even higher and ultra-high dose rates.
RapidScan™ Technology: Fast Dose Delivery in <5 Seconds per Field1
RapidScan revolutionizes motion mitigation, delivering each field within a single breath-hold for most patients. RapidScan, when used in conjunction with the Eclipse™ treatment planning system, simultaneously optimizes treatment plan quality and delivery time.
The ProBeam 360° System with RapidScan:
- Simplifies conventional procedures required to treat moving targets
- Increases the number of patients who can comply with breath-hold treatments
- Reduces treatment time without sacrificing quality
Deliver Highly Conformal Plans More Efficiently with a 360-degree Gantry
Higher conformity can be achieved by using more fields2 and multi-field and non-coplanar treatments are becoming more common. Therefore, a 360-degree gantry becomes increasingly important for adaptive therapy, proton SBRT, and next-generation therapies such as proton arc and ultra-high dose rate treatments.
Varian’s 360-degree gantry enables:
- Faster treatment times by minimizing repositioning and reimaging
- High-quality cone beam CT (CBCT) from almost any gantry angle
- Efficiency even with an increased number of fields for next-generation treatments
Exceptional Precision: See Where to Treat and Know How to Adapt
See, adapt, and deliver on-target: Varian's best-in-class imaging, including iterative CBCT, and high-definition pencil beam scanning leads to high precision. High-quality Iterative CBCT can be used to adapt the treatment plan for changes in tumor size and morphology as treatment progresses.
The Best-in-Class Imaging You’ve Come to Trust from Varian
- The only compact proton therapy system with both full-fan and half-fan imaging
- The largest field of view on the market at 52 cm x 28 cm—a critical feature for visualizing tumors in thoracic, abdominal, and pelvic regions
- Improved iterative algorithms help eliminate artifacts and improve soft-tissue contrast
- Targets <5 cm in diameter, with standard fractionated dose and beam arrangement.
- Frank, Steven J. et al. “Multi-Field Optimization Intensity-Modulated Proton Therapy for Head and Neck Tumors – A Translation to Practice.” International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 89.4 (2014): 846–853. PMC. Web. 9 Oct. 2018.