PALO ALTO, Calif., July 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian (NYSE: VAR) today announced it will be showcasing its advanced cancer care solutions including a new version of Eclipse™ treatment planning software with support for Halcyon™ 2.0 treatment system, July 29 – August 1 in Nashville, TN at the 2018 American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) annual meeting and exhibition, booth #601.
Additional Varian solutions being demonstrated at AAPM 2018 includes:
- Halcyon 2.0 featuring kV Cone-beam CT (CBCT) and Iterative CBCT imaging for better soft tissue definition
- HyperArc™ high-definition radiotherapy, designed to to automate and simplify sophisticated advanced stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) treatments and allow more clinicians to deliver treatments safely and confidently in standard treatment time slots
- Eclipse Multi-Criteria Optimization (MCO), allows clinicians to explore the impact when conflicting clinical criteria are varied. MCO leverages RapidPlan™ to expedite finding the optimal plan for a given patient with minimal trial and error iterations.
- Velocity™ 4.0 with Rapidsphere™, a module for Y90 Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) dosimetry analysis
- TrueBeam® v2.7 with Iterative CBCT– On the TrueBeam platform, Iterative CBCT produces exceptionally high-quality images for better visualization of soft tissue structures
- Brachytherapy: Varian's integrated solution includes a full line of brachytherapy applicators, as well as BrachyVision™ 3D treatment planning system, VariSeed™ LDR treatment planning system, and Vitesse™ real-time planning for HDR brachytherapy
When: AAPM 2018 is July 29-August 1, 2018. The exhibition is open from 12:30pm-5pm July 29, 9am-5pm July 30-31, and 9am-2pm August 1.
Where: Booth # 601, Music City Center, Nashville, TN
Varian is a leader in developing and delivering cancer care solutions, and is focused on creating a world without fear of cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 6,500 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
Director, Public Relations
+1 (650) 424-5630
Investor Relations Contact
J. Michael Bruff
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 (650) 424-5163