PALO ALTO, Calif., June 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian (NYSE: VAR) announced it will be showcasing its new ProBeam® 360° proton therapy system*, June 12th-15th in Manchester, United Kingdom at the 58th PTCOG Conference (Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group). Designed for next-generation proton therapy, the ProBeam 360° system offers uncompromised clinical capabilities, a 360-degree gantry, and RapidScan™ technology, which simplifies the process of motion management by delivering each field in a single breath-hold.
At PTCOG58, Varian will be demonstrating its fully integrated proton solution:
- Eclipse™ PT Treatment Planning
Eclipse elevates plan quality and fidelity in the presence of uncertainty with robust optimization and Monte Carlo dose calculation
- RapidPlan™ PT Knowledge-based Planning
RapidPlan leverages machine learning to make high-quality plans in a fraction of the time while providing knowledge-guided decision support
Velocity, incorporated with Eclipse PT, aggregates treatment and imaging data to show comprehensive view of a patient's diagnostic imaging and treatment history, allowing clinicians to track and adapt changes during the course of treatment.
- 360 Oncology™ Care Management
The 360 Oncology care management platform helps inform, empower and engage patients and the entire oncology care team. It offers collaborative tools to engage patients in their care, more effectively manage tumor boards, make informed treatment recommendations, and create survivorship care plans
An intuitive patient-reported outcomes (PRO) solution, Noona automates patient monitoring, symptom management and patient triage
Varian will also be holding several events at PTCOG 58:
- FlashForward™ Consortium Meeting (invite only): The FlashForward Consortium is focused on preclinical research, clinical implementation and advocacy efforts for FLASH Therapy. The meeting will take place on Tuesday June 11th, 12:00pm-5:00pm at Manchester Central.
- Varian Proton Solutions Users Meeting: Topics to be discussed include flash therapy research on the ProBeam system and decision support modeling with RapidPlan™ PT on Wednesday June 12th, 8:30am-1:30pm at Radisson Blu Edwardian.
- Varian Lunch Symposium: Ricky Sharma, MA, FRCP, FRCR, PhD, Dee Khuntia, MD, chief medical officer at Varian, and Renate Parry, PhD, Sr. director, global translational science at Varian will discuss the potential of FLASH Therapy, Thursday June 13th, 12:15pm-1:30pm at the Manchester Central – Exchange Auditorium.
- The Christie Tour & Reception: Varian will be sponsoring a tour of the facility which houses the ProBeam system, on Friday June 14th, 6:00pm-9:00pm for the conference attendees.
*CE Mark and international registration pending. Not available for sale in all markets.
Varian is a leader in developing and delivering cancer care solutions and is focused on creating a world without fear of cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 7,000 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
Director, Global Public Relations
+1 (650) 424-5630
Investor Relations Contact
J. Michael Bruff
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 (650) 424-5163