Varian AI Segmentation
Harness the power of AI technology
Delineating the organs-at-risk (OAR) on a CT image is a time-consuming and potentially error-prone process. The Varian AI Segmentation solution can save up to 80% of manual contouring time. *Based on initial time study data from collaborative sites. Actual results may vary.
Varian AI Segmentation uses the latest advances in machine learning to create consistent contouring results, designed to: - Improve patient safety - Enhance efficiency - Increase accuracy of treatment plans
Varian AI Segmentation is a cloud-based solution designed to simplify the planning workflow and reduce the risk of errors in data handling. The intuitive user interface provides simple one-click access to launch the solution directly from the Eclipse workstations.
Automate your contouring. Save valuable time.
Varian AI Segmentation is a cloud-based, automatic contouring tool that can be accessed directly with Eclipse treatment planning system (TPS). It leverages AI technology to seamlessly segment individual organs-at-risk (OAR) and enhance the efficiencies of radiation therapy treatment planning.
- Eclipse version 15.5 or higher
- Internet connection to Eclipse workstations with minimum 30 mbps (burst) download speed and use Google Chrome browser (with latest updates)
- Allow port 443 for the data transmission to AI Segmentation (outbound only)
- Whitelist Varian cloud access URL’s within customer’s network access control list (ACL)
- Acceptance of SSA Enhancement Temporary License Agreement
Questions? Browse through the supporting documentation or contact your local Varian sales representative.
Enroll now for a 90-day trial access to Varian AI Segmentation*
*Limited time offer. Available only in selected countries. Enroll before 12/31/2021. Exclusive only to customers with a valid Eclipse Software Services Agreement (SSA) Not available for sale in all markets
SSA ENHANCEMENT TEMPORARY LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS TEMPORARY LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT IS LEGALLY BINDING. This Temporary License Agreement (“Temporary License”) is entered into by and between VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC., a Delaware corporation with an office located at 3100 Hansen Way, Palo Alto, CA 94304 (“Varian”), and the entity with an executed Varian Software Service Agreement (“SSA”) Quotation that is still in effect (“Customer,” “Your,” and/or “You”) evaluating the Varian Product (as defined below). This Temporary License is effective as of the date it is Accepted by You (the “Effective Date”). The definitions set forth in the Agreement shall apply to this Temporary License.
WHEREAS, Customer has requested, and Varian is willing to provide Customer with a temporary license to access and use Varian AI Segmentation (“Varian Product”) as an enhancement offer to the Customer’s existing Varian SSA for Customer’s internal use for the Term (“Purpose”); WHEREAS, the Varian Product, is being offered to eligible Customers who have Eclipse v15.5 and higher, and who have an active SSA contract; and
WHEREAS, eligible Customers will be provided a temporary trial access license to use the Varian Product without additional charge for the Term.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
1. Customer agrees that its use of the Varian Product is governed by the Varian Subscription Terms and Conditions as also found at: http://www.varian.com/RAD10487_SAAS_Terms (Form RAD 10487) and https://www.varian.com/WebServicesPrivacyStatement (“Agreement”). Provisions of the Agreement that are not specifically modified in this Temporary License shall remain in full force and effect. In the event of any inconsistency between the Agreement and this Temporary License, the terms of this Temporary License will prevail. Each party will be responsible for its own costs and expenses in connection with the negotiation of this Temporary License.
2. You agree that You accept the terms and conditions of this Temporary License by CLICKING ON THE “Accept” BUTTON, and/or by Your receipt of and access to the Varian Product (“Accepted”). You represent and warrant that the person clicking on behalf of the Customer has the right, power, and authority to enter this Temporary License and to bind the Customer to the terms contained herein. If You do not have this authority, or You do not agree with this Temporary license, You may not use or access the Varian Product.
3. Varian is providing the Customer access to the Varian Product for a ninety (90) day period which shall commence when the Customer is provided access on the Subscription Service Go-Live Date (“Term”). This Temporary License must be Accepted by Customer on or before December 31, 2021. Effective as of the first day after the Term, Your access to the Varian Product, under this Temporary License, shall automatically terminate and any extended access to the Varian Product will require a paid license to use the Varian Product under a new Quotation.
4. The terms and conditions of the Agreement shall apply to the Varian Product except as follows: (1) the Varian Product is licensed to the Customer without charge on a temporary basis for the Term; (2) during the Term, the Varian Product is provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind, and Varian disclaims all warranties, support obligations, and other liabilities and obligations for the Service; (3) the Customer agrees that it is solely responsible for its use of the Varian Product during the Term, solely for the Purpose, and that, notwithstanding any other agreement otherwise entered into by the Parties, Customer shall fully indemnify and hold Varian harmless from any claims, losses, or liabilities that may arise therefrom; and (4) no upgrades or updates to the Varian Product will be provided during the Term, except those that Varian determines are necessary including for the continued safe and effective use of the Varian Product provided under the terms of the Agreement. Upon termination of the Term, Customer must discontinue use of the Varian Product without undue delay, unless the Customer has signed a new Quotation for the Varian Product under the terms and conditions of the Agreement as agreed to herein. Upon notice, Varian may freely terminate Customer’s use of the Varian Product during the Term for any reason, including Customer’s breach of the Agreement or misuse of the Varian Product by the Customer.
5. Customer represents and warrants that, because the Varian Product is being licensed at no charge to the Customer, the Customer will therefore not seek any reimbursement or repayment, solely relating to its use of the Varian Product, from any private or public payers (e.g., the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or CMS).
6. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer acknowledges and agrees that if it uses the Varian Product as described under this Temporary License, Varian will have the right to disclose and report, as may be required by applicable law (including the US Physician Payment Sunshine Act set forth in Section 6002 of the US Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, and similar state and national reporting laws), or as otherwise required by Varian, such information relating to access and use of the Varian Product under this Temporary License, including without limitation, the fair market value (FMV).
7. Customer acknowledges and agrees that using the Varian Product (which is a new cloud supported product) as described herein will mean that Varian will be processing and may have access to PHI and PII for the purposes as more fully described in Section 11 Intellectual Property Rights in the Agreement.
8. Customer represents, warrants and agrees that all uploaded files shall be free of any (i) viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses, or other harmful, malicious, or destructive code and/or (ii) software disabling devices, time-out devices, counter devices, and devices intended to collect data regarding usage or related statistics, without the prior written authorization of Varian. Please note that, while Varian believes that the Varian Product, including certain automation, artificial intelligence, and machine learning techniques, algorithms, and processes used therein, can assist a medical professional/clinician in making certain determinations and decisions efficiently, Varian makes no claims or guarantees that diagnosis, assessment, treatment, or patient care will be improved through use of the Varian Product in all cases or in any particular case. Customer acknowledges and agrees that all actions taken, or decisions made by or on behalf of the Customer (including decisions concerning the treatment or non-treatment of patients) shall be done according to the Customer's own medical analysis and exclusively within Customer’s own responsibility, regardless of whether the Varian Product or information available in the Varian Product was used.
9. Customer agrees to work with Varian to facilitate any Varian Product version Update. Varian will automatically update the Varian Product after thirty (30) calendar days (“Review Period”) from the provision of the new version of non-Critical Updates being made available to the Customer for review, unless notice of a different duration is provided by Varian. Customer agrees that it shall perform any, Customer-needed, internal review during the Review Period. Varian Product may be temporarily unavailable, and updates may be automatically pushed to the live environment for security fixes, critical patches, and/or emergency fixes (“Critical Updates”) including for functionality. Varian shall not be liable to Customer as a result of Critical Updates being pushed without prior notice.
Applicable Terms for Australian Customers:
10. As used herein, “Australian Consumer Law” has the meaning given to it by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Australian Consumer Sale” is a supply under the Agreement which is a supply of goods or services to a consumer within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in the Agreement excludes, restricts, or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law or any other statute in relation to an Australian Consumer Sale where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any term of the Agreement to be void ("Non-Excludable Obligations"). To the extent permitted by law, Varian's liability in relation to Non-Excludable Obligations is limited to (at Varian's option): (i) in the case of Services, the cost of supplying the Services again or payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again; and (ii) in the case of goods, the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods, or having the goods repaired, payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods, or having the goods repaired.
By registering, you agree to the processing of your personal data by Varian as described in the Privacy Statement.