PALO ALTO, Calif., April 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian (NYSE: VAR) today announced it will be showcasing the expanded imaging and treatment capabilities of the Halcyon™ system and the new version of the Velocity™ cancer imaging software, April 20-23 in Barcelona, Spain at ESTRO 37 (European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology) meeting, booth 2800. Halcyon 2.0 features kV Cone-beam CT imaging to provide better soft tissue definition. Velocity 4.0 includes Rapidsphere™, a module for Y90 Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) dosimetry analysis.
Additional Varian solutions being demonstrated at ESTRO 37 includes:
- HyperArc™ – Designed to automate and simplify sophisticated advanced treatments such as stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and make them available to more cancer patients around the world
- RapidPlan™ with multicriteria optimization (MCO) - RapidPlan is designed to simplify and accelerate the planning process for sophisticated cancer treatments like SRS, stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), and RapidArc® radiotherapy. MCO allows clinicians to explore what happens when different clinical criteria are varied, such as the degree to which particular organs are spared versus coverage of the targeted tumor.
- Mobius – Recently acquired by Varian, Mobius software solutions provide for patient treatment plan and machine QA
- TrueBeam® v2.7 with Iterative CBCT– On the TrueBeam platform, Iterative CBCT produces exceptionally high-quality images for better visualization of soft tissue structures
- ProBeam® proton therapy, configurable as single- or multi-room solutions featuring gantries that rotate a full 360 degrees, RapidScan™ high-speed pencil-beam scanning for single-breath-hold lung SBRT and Iterative CBCT for enhanced soft tissue resolution enhancing your ability to treat complex cases more effectively and efficiently.
- Brachytherapy: Varian's integrated brachytherapy solution includes VariSeed™ LDR treatment planning system, Vitesse™ real-time planning for HDR brachytherapy and BrachyVision™ 3D treatment planning system
Halcyon 2.0 is currently Works in Progress and not available for sale.
In the EU, the ProBeam RapidScan and Iterative CBCT feature, Velocity 4.0 and Mobius software solutions are Works in Progress and currently unavailable for sale.
Varian is hosting an international oncology summit for customers to kick off its ESTRO activities on April 20th at the Palau Congressos Barcelona.
When: ESTRO 37 is April 20-23, 2018. The exhibition is open from 9:30am – 5pm daily.
Where: Booth # 2800, CCIB, Rambla Prim 1-17, Barcelona, Spain
Varian is a leader in developing and delivering cancer care solutions, and is focused on creating a world without fear of cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 6,500 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
Director, Public Relations
+1 (650) 424-5630
Investor Relations Contact
J. Michael Bruff
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 (650) 424-5163