PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) today announced it will be exhibiting and demonstrating its latest radiotherapy and radiosurgery treatment, care coordination and analytics technologies and software September 25-27 in Boston, MA at the 2016 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting, booth 5063. The company also will be hosting its users meeting on Saturday, September 24 prior to the ASTRO meeting.
Some of the Varian solutions highlighted in booth demonstrations will include:
- InSightive™ 1.2 analytics solution which now supports both radiation and medical oncology data analytics for more informed decision making in the clinic
- A new cloud-based software platform to make multi-disciplinary oncology care coordination simpler and smarter
- High definition radiosurgery technology designed to improve dose conformality with the tumor and simplify dose delivery
- ProBeam® proton therapy system, the first fully-integrated image-guided IMPT (intensity-modulated proton therapy) solution for adaptive therapy
The Varian users meeting will provide attendees with new insights on the latest Varian technology. User meeting topics include:
- Non-coplanar SRS treatment planning
- The value of knowledge-based planning
- InSightive analytics for streamlining clinical workflow
- Velocity™ software and multi-modality imaging and therapy for enhanced decision-making
- Proton therapy
- Combination therapy: Radiotherapy and Immunotherapy
- Evidenced-based oncology care
A complete user meeting agenda can be viewed at http://www.varian.com/en-ch/news/usermeeting.
The Varian exhibit in Booth #5063 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center will be open during show hours from 10:00am to 5:00pm Sunday through Tuesday.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, focuses energy on saving lives by equipping the world with advanced technology for fighting cancer and for X-ray imaging. The company is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiation. The company provides comprehensive solutions for radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is also a premier supplier of X-ray imaging components, including tubes, digital detectors, cables and connectors as well as image processing software and workstations for use in medical and industrial settings, as well as for security and non-destructive testing. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 7,700 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
Varian Medical Systems
+1 (650) 424-5630
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems