Committed to our environment
We are dedicated to conducting business in an environmentally conscious manner, safeguarding both neighbouring communities and the global environment. Environmentally sustainable business practices like pollution prevention and resource conservation are vital components of our corporate citizenship.
Environmental principles in action
We began tracking energy use, air emissions, water consumption, and hazardous waste generation at a corporate level in 1992, and our commitment is even stronger today:
- Alignment with the ISO14001 standard
- Compliance with applicable environmental legislation, including REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and restriction of Chemicals), WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), and RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- Ecodesign for medical devices ensures that products consume less power, are easily dismantled, and use fewer hazardous substances
- Reduction, elimination, and recycling of product packaging
- Improved performance of facilities to reduce pollution, waste, and use of energy and water
- Participation in the global Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Close collaboration with business partners to transport goods efficiently and optimise storage sites worldwide for minimal product handling and transport distance
- SmartConnect®, our remote monitoring solution for linear accelerators, reduces customer visits by service technicians, resulting in lower travel-related carbon emissions
- Increased use of video conferencing services to reduce corporate travel
We strive to act in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. While we develop better therapeutic capabilities to help fight cancer, we also extend access to advanced care, improve clinical outcomes, optimise safety, and make a positive impact on the communities where we operate.