Varian, a Siemens Healthineers company, provides commercial sponsorship support for clinical, scientific, or educational programs that meet specific criteria. Commercial sponsorship funding is provided in exchange for an equivalent-value marketing or promotional opportunity (e.g., speaker opportunities, an exhibit table, advertisements, logo placement, or a satellite symposium). The promotional benefit requirement distinguishes commercial sponsorships from Educational Grants or Corporate Donations.
For U.S.-based requests, a completed application, including all required documentation, must be submitted through the Healthcare Giving Portal. Applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the event, activity, or program. Any request that doesn’t meet the minimum 45-day criteria will be immediately declined. All decisions are final.
The following information/documentation is required with your application:
- A formal letter of request that includes details on the proposed use of funds
- Event documentation (e.g., agenda, brochure, prospectus, etc.) including detailed information about sponsorship levels and corresponding promotional opportunities or benefits
- IRS determination letter confirming 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) tax status
- Completed W9 form - EIN # must match IRS letter
- ACH form (to be downloaded within the application)
General Guidelines for Commercial Sponsorship Funding Consideration
- The topic of the seminar, symposium, meeting, or conference must relate to radiation oncology or other fields directly aligned with Varian’s core business and priorities.
- The program must target and benefit medical professionals.
Varian is a member of AdvaMed and complies with its vendor guidelines as well as our internal corporate policies when evaluating requests for commercial sponsorship support. Criteria we consider include, but are not limited to, the event’s location, whether the venue is promoted as a being a luxury or resort destination, and whether the program includes a robust agenda that it is primarily educational/scientific in nature. Varian’s corporate policy regarding commercial sponsorships prohibits the funding of recreational activities, galas, awards ceremonies, and similar events.