Targeted treatments – making cancer a manageable disease
The right dose. The right place. The right time.
Varian® delivery systems enable clinicians to pick the best treatment option with a wide range of practical therapy choices. To enhance the effectiveness of these treatments, Varian also offers unparalleled real-time position management and exacting dose output - vital tools for achieving personalized cancer care and making cancer a manageable disease.
The Right Dose for Fewer MUs
The Varian Clinac® delivers the exact prescribed dose to the patient in the lowest number of monitor units (MUs) possible - without sacrificing efficacy - every time.
- Reliable dose - Varian's real-time beam steering and dual sealed ion chamber helps ensure that optimal beam symmetry, flatness, and dosimetry are delivered throughout all gantry angles.
- Fast treatment times - a unique energy switch to deliver the highest possible dose rates for all energies.
- Precise treatment - accurate beam control results in improved conformity to the tumor and sharp images
- Waveguide - produces a very stable, sharp beam spot.
- Gridded gun - fast beam-on, beam-off control.
- Energy switch - enables delivering high doses quickly.
- Bending magnet - maintains the small, sharp beam focal spot.
The Right Place for the Highest Conformity
Delivering the dose to the right place is a function of industry leading products working in concert. These innovations include the highest resolution multileaf collimator (MLC), the most capable dynamic control software, the best treatment plan for driving delivery, and the most precise beam control.
Varian machines enable clinicians to use all three major IMRT methods - sliding window, step and shoot, and dynamic conformal arc - either separately or in the same treatment.
- Treatment planning software - the intuitive interactive design of Eclipse™ enables clinicians to reach plan goals quickly and minimize critical structure doses while achieving the desired conformity.
- Multileaf collimator - treat even the smallest lesions.
- IMRT - quickly treat IMRT fields up to 34 x 40cm, thanks to fast leaf speed, high precision, and interdigitation capabilities.
- Stereotactic treatments - Trilogy™ provides high dose and precise resolution for intracranial and extracranial stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy.
The Right Time for Precision Personalization
Clinicians around the world depend on Varian systems to deliver treatment at the right time - the instant the tumor is on target. Whether it's day-to day repositioning of the patient or managing motion during treatment, Varian has developed the necessary Dynamic Targeting Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) process tools: cone-beam CT, radiographic, fluoroscopic, ultrasound, optical, and gating.
With Varian systems, clinicians can personalize each patient's care based on their needs and your individual clinical protocol.
- Breast: Respiratory gating enables improved dose targeting.
- Head and Neck: Cone-beam CT provides quick positioning, verifying, and monitoring.
- Prostate: All the right tools for treatment include ultrasound-based guidance.